Saturday, February 7

i'll tell you the real truth

because i know you won't read this


when our hearts are breaking, i take comfort in the fact that we still know how to feel.

the truth is, if you could only know how my heart still flutters the moment you walk into the room. how my breath catches and i feel like everyone within a mile radius can see my heart beating out of my chest. you still have that effect on me.. but you know ive always been good at hiding

nothing makes me as nervous as the sound of your voice. and its your music i turn to when i miss you too much to bear. familiar melodies surround me and lull me to sleep with my arms wrapped tight around the final fading yet tangible memory you left for me.

i know you think im not trying. but the truth is, not having you has been one of the most difficult things i have ever had to endure. and it hurts.

and you're lying again. i havent got another one. ive tried looking but for now it seems as if nothing can replace what we once had. because the longer i live, the longer i know that what we had was real and nothing can take that away. passion doesn't strike up that fast for it to die out so soon. i sometimes think we knew we were killing ourselves by falling so hard... but i do know i wouldn't trade it for the world.


so i'll be here - wishing praying waiting - for the end.

1 comment:

Rafonda said...

Brittany! Your words make my heart ache. I love you!