Sunday, February 14

in the words of john

good to know its all a game
disappointment has a name
its heartbreak

drop her name
push it in and twist the knife again
you don't even watch my face
as i pretend to feel no pain

how come the only way to know how high you get me
is to see how far i fall
you told me, "God only knows how much i'd love you if you let me"
but now i'm breaking as you break through it all

wired and im tired
think i'll sleep in my clothes on the floor
or maybe this mattress will spin on its axis
and find me on yours

don't say a word just come over and lie here with me
cause im just about to set fire to everything i see
i want you so bad i'll go back on the things i believe
there i just said it - im scared you'll forget about me


but now that we are over as the loving kind
we'll be dreaming ways to keep the good alive
only when we want is not a compromise
i'll be pouring tears into your drying eyes

you used to whisper "come on over" cause you were two drinks in
but in the morning you always said goodbye again
think we'll never fall into the jealous game?
the streets will flood with blood of those who felt the same 


all we've ever done is say goodbye
and now all im wishing for is hello

No comments: